Why Should Students Worry About Their Personal Brand?





When I set out to learn more about the value and importance of students managing their online identity...here is what  I knew:

Students today are faced with an overwhelmingly real dilemma: Competition! They compete in school, sports, college admissions and much more. I also knew that many of my students were OBSESSED with social media.

My Goal: Combine their love of social media with a variety of original content that will help them stand out amongst the stiff competition...and voila...A PERSONAL BRANDING course has been created.


I have had the pleasure to have worked with over 200 high school students to develop and implement their unique personal brands. They have worked tirelessly to complete a variety of introspective assignments helping them to understand themselves and what motivates them. By utilizing a variety of social media sites such as Twitter, Google + and About.me students have been able to connect with experts in their fields of interest as well as prospective colleges and universities.

Overall, the experience has been extremely positive and most students have found real value in the work being done. I am at peace because I feel as if they are now armed with the tools and techniques to help navigate and determine their own online identities.



Do you find value in a high school student learning to create a personal brand? Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely.
    Because if they don't take control of their 'personal brand' or digital persona, others will. And by 'others' I mean friends (by tagging on social media), institutions (schools who publish lists with student names), and countless other digitally connected entities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! You are my first ever...and I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Personal Branding Courses plays an important role in the personal branding process.Brand education courses online, helps people for growing business.

    ReplyDelete